Thursday 15 September 2016

Day 6 Let the mentor find her mentor!



It is interesting that when I mentor people for Princes trust or my own business or deliver a piece of training, I often come away feeling inspired but also a bit guilty.  The advice I am giving is great but it gives me a bit of a kick up the a*** and sometimes makes me realise I am still working on my business and not in it.

I have worked with some great coaches and read some great books. Without being horribly sycophantic, I have loved working with Natalie Sisson.  I have read the book, been on a mastermind class with her and now doing the blog challenge.  The one thing that I admire is that she is “real” – not packaged, just open and honest and in an email that she wrote the other day – she referred to me as VIP and I felt so valued as a client.  I feel her network support me and have had some great emails about the blogs.

But if I am to step out of my comfort zone and find my tribe then I am missing two types of mentor.

Firstly, I need a social media expert who can help me build my email database, and how to engage with them in the same genuine way as Natalie has done with me.  Ryan Deiss is someone who I admire but he does inundate with emails. I need someone to build my marketing plan in a bite size way on a daily/weekly basis - just like this blog.  But I will reach out to him and see what he can offer!

Secondly, a kindred spirit in the food industry who has written a book or two and gets great speaking gigs and good coverage in food magazines - Tessa Stuart. She and I do know each other and she has passed me a client recently but I would like to spend a bit of time with her and maybe continue to help each other out

So I will endeavour to work with both these people to build my skill base and also my own tribe of people will setting up my own Facebook group….watch this space


This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment