Saturday 10 September 2016

Day 1 Life challenges

Imagine the scene…..

I have arrived in the most idyllic location on the French Riviera on a late flight from Luton. I walk out the airport, the cicadas are making that unmistakable sound and I can smell the warmth of the beautiful evening.  I wait with a lovely couple who are going to Juan Les Pins and talk about the best food stores and restaurants, near to where they are staying.  I feel good…a little bit of a local

I get to my building and trek up 5 flights of stairs (what lift?!), carrying a huge suitcase full of new curtains, cushions and pretty things. I open the door to my apartment and the cool of the new air con hits me then wow……. the renovation that I started three months ago is done and it looks amazing! I admire the builders hard work and pop goes the fizzy wine to celebrate my success……a new life of peace and tranquillity awaits in the sunshine

And then reality kicks in…. the phone picks up wifi…. emails pour in…. problem after problem – customer issues, unhappy team member, failure to achieve the targets on pricing.  I think that I will throw it all in – I can’t cope with the stress of it all and then reality bites – just spent £25k on renovation – (yes I did need the wine fridge and those fancy glass wardrobe doors!!) and I have a tax bill to pay.  Suffice to say I don’t sleep well


So the challenges facing me are how to live in my chosen idyllic location, making enough money doing what I love enabling other food manufacturers to make profitable sales but in a way, which frees up time for the things I love - eating, cooking and travelling.  And funding my beloved children through university.

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day1 http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10DBC-Day-1]

No comments:

Post a Comment