Friday 16 September 2016

Day 7 Procrastination




What have I been guilty of procrastinating about?  Well I have got down to write my blog everyday, pretty much done all the work needed by my private clients and do my exercise most days although have slipped today  So where am I falling short……..

Meditation!!

I have had several flirtations with meditation over the years.  A couple of years ago I signed up for a transcendental meditation course and everyone started worrying about me because I became quite traumatised and stopped eating!!  Then I downloaded Headspace which I can heartily recommend (https://www.headspace.com/) and did the odd 10 minutes - mostly when I needed to sleep at 3am in the morning - it helped to quieten my mind.  And I still practise a form of yoga nidra again when struggling to sleep

But no habit has been formed and I have learnt that this is the answer! 

Meditation is really beneficial and recent studies show meditation can have positive effects on stress, anxiety, focus, creativity and even relationships.  I came across an amazing chakra cleansing meditation that I downloaded a week ago and not done it - have a look http://belindadavidson.com - it is designed to balance and cleanse the chakras and teaches how to channel white light,

So I am dedicating my stop procrastinating blog to meditation - I will listen to the chakra cleanse meditation tomorrow and then start again with Headspace on Sunday and endeavour to meditate for the next 30 days and see if I can get that pesky, elusive habit formed.


This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 7

No comments:

Post a Comment