Wednesday 2 November 2016

Procrastination


I have to acknowledge a friend of mine Denis O Driscoll for this subject but it totally resonated with me as I have been moving house and yes not achieved my aims of getting a blog a week nor the 1000 words a day, I needed to write to get my book written by Christmas.

Imagine that £86,400 is deposited into your bank account. It's 100% legal and you're free to do whatever you want with the money. The only catch is that at the end of the day, whatever's left of the £86,400 gets taken away from you and you lose it forever.

So what do you do? Well, anyone with an ounce of sanity would make the most of every last pound!  Think about what you would do if you had £86,400 to spend every day.

But that's the point...

Everyday you're given exactly 86,400 seconds. You can do whatever you want with the time, but at the end of the day, whatever time you've not made the most of gets taken away from you and you never get it back.

As humans, we tend to put things off or busy ourselves with other stuff.  I have been busy relocating to France - packing/unpacking etc etc.  But I have also had time to watch TV, read paper and hang out with friends - to be honest all part of my new lifeplan in the Cote d'azur but also I have spent time on Facebook and other time munchers.

So apologies for not writing my next chapter of category management - watch this space - we have room for two more before my workshop on the 13th November at Bread and Butter fest - http://www.breadandbutterfest.com/whats-on-1/ - where maybe you will be inspired to do whatever it is you have not got round to that will launch your business to the next stratosphere!  And if you don't procrastinate you can get the early bird price til 6th November!

see you soon
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment